Friday 22 October 2010

Things to make you go Grrrr!!

Having arrived back in the Lakes yesterday afternoon the question was "What to make?"  I decided on a wine rack, I'm loving the wicker work as it's relatively simple and it's something I can pick up and put down as and when with no major hassle. I set to as I was watching TV, in, out, in out, (shake it all about) 3hrs and 3inch of weaving later (you'll gather I wasn't rushing he, he) and I suddenly realised that my wires had gone cock eyed and the piece was narrower at the top than at the bottom!! Disaster. Piece went in the bin and I had to start again. Steve couldn't believe how calm I was but I looked on it as a learning curve and will in future keep a closer eye on things. Being new to wicker work it's all a learning process and I firmly believe in what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and this morning the wine rack has come along quite nicely and straight!! You live and learn.
See you tomorrow....

1 comment: