Sunday 10 October 2010

Beautiful Sunday.

Arrived in the Lakes yesterday to a beautiful Autumnal day, it may only be an hour "Up North" from home but it is 1/2 degrees colder up here and Autumn is a bit further advanced. The scenery is breath taking and has done me a power of good in re charging the batteries although I think they won't be fully re charged until Fern is given the all clear from the vet, she's there tomorrow night, so, fingers crossed. It was great to catch up with friends and they all seemed glad to have us back. When I get back home I will post some piccies that I have of the Lakes as it is one of the most beautiful places on Earth, even though it is in Cumbria which is the wettest County in Britain!
 Last night I managed to get some "mini work" done, nothing to look at, just covering wire with crochet cotton and making plaits for wicker work, but it was mini related and means I can do something at the van without cluttering it up and it transported me to "my little world" where I can chill out and relax.
While I was making the tub chair last week I met a dilemma as I wanted to make the leather shiny, not as in patent leather but a sheen, and was stuck as to what to do with it. I am a member of a mini digest, Small Stuff, so I put a post on there asking for help and as usual they came through with suggestions. The answer was simple really, shoe polish! DOH I must have been having a blonde moment not to have thought of that one but I think we all must be guilty of over looking the obvious from time to time. If you've not seen it check it out as it is a great place to be a member of and you will always find a solution to a problem

http://smallstuff-digest.com/

See you later....


1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a lovely day in the Lake District(it IS beautiful, you are right)and keeing my fingers crossed for Fern.

    ReplyDelete