Thursday, 6 January 2011

At A Loss.

First things first, thank you for your kind comments. After what had to be done on Monday all of us feel at a loss as to what to do but the biggest loser is Bramble who in the space of five months has gone from having two playmates to having none.Their basket seems far too big for just one and we need to rectify that asap.

A lonely little dog.
It's at times like this that I am grateful for this great hobby of mine as I can completely lose myself in it and therefore don't have time to dwell or think too much. I've made quite a few things over the past couple of days and I remembered to take photos. I made cage for the baby to go in, which really tested my patience, but I got there in the end. A tagine, which  was actually the top of a yakult pot, because "The Witch" some times tires of boiled baby and some more potion jars. I made the jars from strips of laminating pouches which were then glued onto thin card for the base. The lids were made from the material I had left over from making the cravats for the wedding, waste not want not! A framed map of the world so "TW" knows where she is going when she zooms off on her broom stick.

Mini makes
The tagine needs a lid but I'll probably do that when I'm having my morning  coffee as I've realised that is the best time to get my 1/2 hour a day in and it sets me up for the day in a happy mood (God I need a reason to be happy at the moment) as long as I remember to stop, otherwise I'll lose the day and Steve won't have a meal to come home to,  he can't cook for him-self!!  I also made a cauldron filled with frogs legs and ogre's fingers but I forgot to photo that before I stuck it in the box. Steve thought I'd lost the plot on Tuesday night as I made loads of tiny severed fingers and on Wednesday morning put them in a mini RL jam jar with some liquid Fimo to make "Pickled Ogre's Fingers" This box is taking on a life of it's own.

Pickled fingers.

Yesterday morning the postie brought my Sue Heaser doll moulds so last night I tried my hand at making a baby, after a couple of shaky starts, I'm all fingers and thumbs with Fimo, I got to grips with it and the moulds were surprisingly easy to use.

OK, so he/she's bald and hasn't been painted but you get the drift. The ears went a bit wonky in the oven but I can disguise that with the hair and for a first attempt I don't think it's too bad. No minis today as Thursday is RL cleaning day, may be after work tonight.
See you later....

No comments:

Post a Comment