Saturday 29 January 2011

Aint Technology Great????

Towards the end of last week my Laptop started playing up and, despite regular cleaning, it was telling me it had a bug, why oh why do people do that? I spent all Friday afternoon trying to sweep it but couldn't get the little blighter out and on Saturday morning could only watch helplessly as it fired off random E-mails to people in my address book! What it was sending is any ones guess as according to my Sent box nothing had been sent. By lunch time I had had enough and shut it down hoping that it wasn't for the last time, I've only had it 18 months. Steve took it to work and a colleague stripped it back and restored it back to factory settings which is great as it feels like I have a brand new laptop again but the down side is I have had to start from scratch getting it the way it runs best for me, as I was writing this post I realised I no longer had a dictionary, to correct my spelling mistakes, and had to download that and you wouldn't believe how many Microsoft downloads there were! The times over the last couple of days I have had to re-start it is mind boggling but hey ho "c'est la vie" technology is all well and good when it's working but a pain in the bum when it's not. Steve has gone up to the Lakes for the final shoot of the season so the day is my own again but what I'm going to do I don't know yet, I really must get back to working on my dh but I will have to see how the mood strikes me as I am reading a Stephen King that has me gripped so I may just read.
See you later....

No comments:

Post a Comment