Thursday 23 September 2010

Birthday prezzie to self arrived.

I don't know about any one else but I'm a complete sucker for tools and gadgets. Don't get me wrong, I don't just buy tools willy nilly for them to end up at the back of a cupboard or in a dusty corner somewhere, I always weigh up the pros and cons before spending my hard earned pennies. I'm a bit of a Scrooge really, that's how I came to make stuff for my dh as I objected paying for something that could be nearly as expensive as it's real life counterpart. I digress, I'm getting side-tracked and going off on a tangent, I'm always doing that! Since I started doing a bit of woodwork I have wanted an electric saw, especially since I started using Basswood instead of Balsa. I have a hack saw and a razor saw and we have a jigsaw in the garage but it's a bit too bulky for miniature work and then about 18 months ago I saw advertised the Exakt Saw which seemed to fit my criteria. Only problem was it was nearly £100 and I couldn't justify spending that much, no matter how much I tried persuading myself, so when the E-mail came on Friday saying it was half price I had to take them up on their offer. I've just spent the last 2 hours "playing" I did have a mishap though, don't believe all they tell you about self healing cutting mats as some cuts it can't self heal, DOH. I can't wait to start my next project so I can try it out properly, I'm in 2 minds as to what that will be as at the moment I can't seem to settle to anything. Watch this space.......
Exakt Saw can be seen here, really cheesy advert
                                                                    
www.jmldirect.com/Exakt-Saw-PE2299/

 Fern's slightly better today, I think I am going to being saying that for weeks

.
One poorly dog. Arrrgh!

 I made the mistake of picking up last nights make this morning as I was having my coffee, so I lost an hour of RL housework, because then I had to finish it. It's not entirely finished as I am waiting for an item from E-Bay to make it complete. I did receive a tri-pod for my camera from there today so hopefully I can get better photos of my minis, providing my battery is fully charged.
 See you tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment